The quality of audio affects every aspect of a. All parts are influenced by the ability to upload the audio to your work up to the pleasure of the transcription service experience and the time to transcribe.
Take note of these ten hot tips to help create great audio for super transcription.
- Microphones tend to pick up on the slightest background noise, however unwanted. Hence, try to keep the background noise low.
- The microphone must be kept to ensure that it picks up the voice of everyone who speaks. Whether using an external mike or a recorder’s built-in microphone, you must keep it as close to the speaker as possible.
- Try to ensure that one person speaks at a time and that the speakers speak slowly and clearly for the microphone to catch the words right.
- Identifying the person speaking in the middle of a panel or round-table discussion is helpful. Besides asking each participant to introduce themself at the beginning of the debate, it is always a great idea to address them by their names as you go along.
- Choose the interview venue after much consideration. Try and opt for a place as quiet as possible.
- Noises like the shuffling of paper or even footsteps may drown the speaker’s voice. You must ensure that all such activities, including serving refreshments, should be done before or after the interview.
- The device you choose must meet all your requirements. The right digital recorder will help attain satisfactory results.
- In case of a significant pause, words often get clipped. Thus, switch off the voice activation option on the digital recorder to prevent such an incident.
- Instead of built-in microphones, external microphones are a better option for multiple speaker recordings or interview transcriptions.
- Try using a digital app that assists with direct transfer and ensures high quality.